Looking for a delicious meal that doesn’t take your whole night to make? Well…casseroles are the answer! Lucky for us, casseroles have so many different tasty options, and they let’s you make it before hand then pop it in the oven, when you don’t have time to spend on preparing a meal. Check out some of these casserole recipes that everyone will love:
- 1 (12 ounce) box penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ package ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- ½ cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper, if desired. Add the flour and stir in with the butter. Add the heavy cream and chicken broth and continue stirring until thickened.
- Stir in half a package of the ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Place pasta in bottom of 9×13 baking dish. Top with chicken, bacon, and peas. Pour sauce over the top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
& The All-Time Favorite:
- 12 oz dry macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup light cream
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup (optional)
- 4 cups sharp cheddar, divided
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes while stirring. Slowly whisk in cream, milk, mustard powder and onion powder. Cook over medium heat while stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese & 3 cups cheddar cheese until melted. Add soup if using.
- Toss cheese sauce & macaroni noodles together. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 18-24 minutes or until bubbly. Do not over cook. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
With great casseroles like these, who really needs to spend hours cooking a meal? The kids will love them, you will love them, and you will love your free time to do what you need to even more! Check out more of these fun casserole recipes on our Pinterest & enjoy!