This is the first post of “Quick Meals”, and we can’t wait to share some of the tasty & delicious options we found for you all!
Preparing a good quality dinner can be a long process for even the best chefs out there. Can’t there be take out for home-made meals? This question comes to mind many times when you’re wondering what to fix for dinner, but you are weighing the pros & cons of having to prepare, cook, and clean up after a meal. We found the solution to fix the woes of having to cook a meal by mixing it with a quick, easy way to make a tasty meal.
1st item on our menu for tonight is a “10-minute Zucchini Pesto Pasta”! Let’s just get right to it, because I know your mouth has to be watering already…
- 2 large zucchinis (if you don’t have a spiralizer-just use your choice of pasta!)
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- ¼ cup of raw cashews
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- In a food processor, add garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons olive oil, pepper, and cashews. Process until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast and salt and process to combine.
- Add basil and ¼ cup olive oil and process again.
- Finally, add lemon juice and process until combined.
- Set the pesto aside until you’re ready to combine with zucchini noodles.
- Chop about ½” off both ends of the zucchini and spiralize. I recommend tearing the noodles into smaller pieces as you go, otherwise you’ll end up with a “Lady and the Tramp” situation on your hands when you try to eat your pasta! (Once again-if you don’t have a spiralizer-cook your own past then add it to your pesto!)
- Once you’ve finished spiralizing, add zoodles to a large bowl and mix in the pesto until well-coated.
Well that was easy enough, wasn’t it? By the time you finish reading this post, you could be half way done preparing your meal for the night! I may go make this meal right now, because just thinking about it- my stomach is already telling me to go make it.
We are so excited to share our new kreative “Quick Meals” with you all, as we will feature a new quick meal of the week, each week for you to experiment with and enjoy! Hopefully this will make your cooking a more fun and tasty experience, as your time can be better spent on enjoying your meal rather than cooking it.